Your PRF Experts

We Are With You, All The Way, Year After Year.  

At Specialized Crop Insurance (SCI) we have a simple philosophy. We believe if you work hard and treat people right, the rest with take care of itself. Service and knowledge are at the core of our beliefs. At Specialized Crop Insurance, we are dedicated professionals who want to work with you to ensure you have the best coverage for your operation. Let us show you how we set the benchmark for service and commitment to all of our customers.

Learn More About PRF

Drought Story

Select The Cattleman magazine cover to the left and you will open a PDF copy of the Drought Story. This article was written by Diane Myers and published in the September 2023 issue of the Cattleman Magazine on page 46. 

This article goes into great detail about how PRF works. 

Read more

Cattleman and Hay Insurance

Rainfall Index for Pasture, Rangeland, and Forage (RI-PRF) is an insurance product developed to provide forage/hay and livestock producers with a tool to mitigate drought risk. RI-PRF is part of the U.S. Federal Crop Insurance Program. If you raise cattle or hay, you need to call us. We want to sit down with you and teach you how this is supposed to program work. 

Click Here For More Info

Supporting Beekeepers When They Need It Most

The Apiculture Pilot Insurance Program (API) is insurance offered through the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Risk Management Agency (RMA) meant to insure beekeepers against lower-than-average rainfall that could negatively affect honey production.

Learn More About Apiculture Rainfall

Let's Get Started.

Click the box below to contact us for a quote!

SCI is an equal opportunity provider.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: [email protected]. USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.

For More Information.